Re: [Amps] Shaft Misalignment Solutions

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>, Bob Maser <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shaft Misalignment Solutions
From: Russ Williams <hrd998cc@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 09:38:16 -0800 (PST)
It is a long shot, but the old military TRC-110 repeater gear used various
U-joint shaft couplings for the same purpose.  That is what I am using in my
current 6 meter amp project.  The only limiting factor is the shafts are only
3/16" in diameter, but the couplings can be safely bored to 1/4".  Still, that
may not work for your vacuum variable shafts which are often much larger
diameter.

See attached photo.

73.
Russ W6OHM