Re: [Amps] Shaft Misalignment Solutions

To: "W5CUL" <w5cul@sbcglobal.net>, "'Bob Maser'" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>, "'AMPS'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shaft Misalignment Solutions
From: "Eddy Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:38:50 -0500
Hi Bob,

I had a similar situation here some years ago with a HB VFO that I was
working on: I had to control TWO variable capacitors with only ONE shaft /
knob!

I ended-up going to the local automotive wrecking yard & going through some
junked speedometer assemblies in dashes that were exposed...I found some
VERY FB nylon gears in an old Chevy odometer, pulled them out, & the rest
(as they say!) is history, Hi Hi.

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ