Re: [Amps] Dumb question #37b - DC filament

To: "Gary Hinson" <Gary@isect.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dumb question #37b - DC filament
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:38:28 -0600
Gary
Unless you use a center tap pos / pos scheme you will pull more electrons
off one side of cathode than other and you may introduce hum, assuming
directly heated cathode type tube.
Also you are wanting a low voltage probably high current regulator with it's
large heat sink.
AC regulators with a triac to adjust and regulate the transformer primary
aren't that difficult to do.
Paul K0UYA