[Amps] SB-220 Drive

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB-220 Drive
From: "Tom Martin" <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:27:43 -0600
I built mine in 1974 and I'm still using  the original tubes.  It has a 1000
watt  key down output on 80 meters with 80 watts of drive in the SSB position.
Grid current is 200 ma and 3000 volts.  The CQ Magazine review in 1970 stated
that with higher drive up to 300 watts p.e.p., the amp could be pushed to 3000
p.e.p. input without flattopping.  Of course, they mention that this exceeds
the legal rating.

The 220 is my SO2R amp and the instant on is great. I hate waiting for the
Alpha 99 to warm up.  However, the 1500 watts is really nice.  HI!

73,

Tom W8JWN