Re: [Amps] Is there a Henry model which ...

To: "'Roger'" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Is there a Henry model which ...
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:57:44 -0600
> > Does anyone know of model numbers for those Commercial (non Amateur)
> > amps???  or, anyone who would know that information?

Kudos to Radio Dan. The URL below gives you the dope on just about every
Henry made;

http://www.radiodan.com/ampsum/oldhenrys.htm

> I think they even had one that used 3 8877's and possibly one that used
> two 3CX-1200's.  There must be some one on here who has a list of what
> they built over the years.

The 3CX1200 was supposed to be the 21st Century replacement for the 4/1000.
That is one of the reasons for the tube pins on the beast. I guess that a
cheap supply of 4X1's for years after the 3CX1200 came out prevented a
conversion frenzy.

> I quit frequenting e-bay when they started requiring Pay Pal.

At least you have some assurance that the E-Bay members with Pay Pal
accounts are not flakes. Many folks trade on E-Bay with no bank account,
telephone service except a pay-up-front cell phone, and no physical address.
Good luck in getting your money, or getting a refund if the merchandise is
not as advertized. I am an E-Bay Power-Seller, and I will not sell to people
who do not have established credit. They can pay me any way they want, if
they have met the minimum financial responsibility that a Pay Pal account
provides. Let this be a warning to you E-Bay Newbies!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC