Re: [Amps] 5cx1500 Amp

To: "Robert Perdue" <kc0hfl@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 5cx1500 Amp
From: Dino Darling <dino@kx6d.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 09:04:50 -0800
I would think this should be easy to figure out if you have amplifier
experience.

One box should be the power supply and the other the RF deck.  The
tube is a Pentode which means the drive levels will be real
low.  With some careful poking around you should be able to see what
the power supply is capable of.  Does the RF deck have multiple taps
or is it a monoband amp?

Take and post pictures!  Send them to me and I'll post them on my website.

Dino - KX6D

At 05:46 AM 1/2/2009, Robert Perdue wrote:
>I picked up a homebrew 5cx1500 amp from a silent key but
>unfortunately there is no documentation I checked in a few handbooks
>I have for construction articles but no luck. Does anyone know where
>I could find articles on this amp? It is a well built 2 piece unit. Thanks.
>
>73,Bob kc0hfl
>1/2/2009 1:10 PM

Dino - KX6D
dino@kx6d.com
(please note my new e-mail address and update your address books)