Re: [Amps] 5cx1500 Amp

To: Robert Perdue <kc0hfl@cox.net>, "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 5cx1500 Amp
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 10:17:29 -0500
I don't think I have ever seen an article on a 5CX1500 amplifier. They are
usually used FM Broadcast transmitters since they can produce over 3kW in class
C but can be used in class AB1 as well. They are more rugged than the 4cx1500
and take a special socket. And cost more than the 4cx1000 as well. The design
should be same however as for a 4cx1500 amplifier. It just has a suppressor
grid which is connected to ground. I have several plasma generators  that use
the tube and also at work we have a 12 kW amplifier which uses one as the
driver tube. It is used in our post acceleration buncher for our linear
accelerator.

73
Bill wa4lav