Re: [Amps] SB-220 saga continues

To: "Larry K4AB" <larry.k4ab@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 saga continues
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 20:38:41 -0000
Hi Larry.  Why do you put an ammeter in series with the center conductor of
the key line and see how much current it is drawing when in the transmit
condition.  I would guess it would be somewhere around 100 to 150ma @ 26V,
which I think the Mark V can handle all day long. I don't know what the MkV
rating is but my FT1000D is good for 2A @ 30VDC!

Bob  W6TR