Re: [Amps] Intro and a query - which amp?

To: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Intro and a query - which amp?
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:38:59 -0800
On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 04:29:36PM -0600, Tim Duffy K3LR wrote:

> I have had good success with the Ameritron AL1200 and AL1500.
> Both amplifiers have worked well at 1500 watts output under contest
> conditions without failure.

I concur.

I have been using AL1500 and AL1200 amps for years at various
stations including my own and I have found to be very good
amplifiers.

I also have an Alpha 78 but parts are a problem. Tubes and in my
case now one of the bandswitch wafers.  It is a great amp but
I only see problems down the road.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net