Re: [Amps] The Market should be D.O.A.

To: Harold Mandel <hmandel@barantelecom.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] The Market should be D.O.A.
From: Scott McGrath <mcgrath@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:36:12 -0400
Gee I wonder why NYC center of media on the east coast would have the
latest equipment especially with most of the major networks
headquartered there.

Try living north of Boston and see what 's up here 30 Y//O Harris and
RCA transmitters most of which have cycled
between 3-4 stations already.     There are still 1ESS switches in
service up here with no plans for replacement.   I think all
the crossbar and Stroeger switches have finally been decommissioned as
of a couple of years ago.

Up here in NH there is a pretty tight correlation between the broadcast
and the ham community so I've visited  many of the
transmitter sites and helped install one a 50KW Harris wait for it TUBE
transmitter as a volunteer for one of the local public
radio stations.

Economics plays a big part in equipment choices.