Re: [Amps] Hi Mu correction

To: Tony King - W4ZT <amps071806@w4zt.com>,Amps Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hi Mu correction
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:49:21 -0400
Lower mu tubes have wider spacing between the grid wires allowing more
electrons to slip by each second for the same bias voltage. It also reduces
the effective control the grid voltage has over the plate current, thus
lower mu. You can easily see this difference in grid wire spacing by
comparing a 250TH with a 250TL. Or a 811 with a 812.

73
Bill wa4lav