Re: [Amps] L4-B Power Supply

To: radio_k4rv@peoplepc.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] L4-B Power Supply
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 11:49:36 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/2006 11:15:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
radio_k4rv@peoplepc.com writes:

Most of  the capacitor choices I found were of the type using snap in
terminals.  Into what do these terminals snap?  Can I just mount  the
capacitors and then solder leads to their snap in terminals, or is  there a
snap in receptacle of some sort available?

Thanks
Tom  K4RV

Tom, I have rebuilt a few L4B power supplies,  I use 390mfd/450v snap  in
caps(which I sell for $2.50 each) I drill small holes in the original circuit
board and fit the snap in caps tightly in the holes and then solder point to
point wiring to them.  If you are interested in purchasing some of my caps
send
me an e-mail off list.  Thanks 73 Lou