Re: [Amps] LK500 various

To: Gudguyham@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK500 various
From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 19:57:32 -0700
On May 30, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Gudguyham@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/30/2006 1:19:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> r@somis.org writes:
>
> White (N), Black (L), Green or Cu (Gnd), standard for 120v
> circuits.  For 240v use, the white wire should be marked red at the
> ends, and the Gnd becomes the 240 and 120 N-Gnd.
>>
> A standard 120v line with a black, white, and bare or green wire
> can ONLY be made into a 220v line. NOT a 220/120v line.

I did it 31 years ago, and the 120v outlets still work as do the 240v
outlets.   The 120v outlets are connected between either L1 or L2 and
N-gnd / CT.  The 240 outlets connect between L1 and L2 with the N
connecting to the CT.  This arrangement is similar to operating 6v
tubes and 12v tubes from one 12vct filament winding.
  similar

> The outer covering of a Romex does not offer the insulation factor
> that is required to carry current in a bare wire inside, only fault
> current that may occur during a fault.

Insulation determines current carrying ability?

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734
r@somis.org