Re: [Amps] NON-CONTACT laser thermometer

To: "Partain, Chuck" <Chuck_Partain@maxtor.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] NON-CONTACT laser thermometer
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:26:54 -0700
To  those who want one.
Thermometers such as these are available "off the rack" at most radio
control hobby shops. We use them to measure cylinder head temperature of r/c
helicopters, they are also used in checking the cylinder head temp of r/c
controlled cars.
If a local rack is not available, try  www.towerhobbies.com  item  #
DTXP3100 Duratrax flashpoint infrared temperature gauge. Price is $24.99,
located on page  # 141 of their 2006 catalog. Shipping is  $4.95 or so.
The temp range on this gauge is -27 to 427 degrees F.  Can also read out in
Celsius.
 Hope the above is helpful,
73,
Gary...wa6fgi