Re: [Amps] AL-1200 vs AL-1500

To: dajs@accnorwalk.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-1200 vs AL-1500
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 05:30:12 -0800
The 8877 can not be faulted for failure in HF service due to
gold-sputtering from the grid because that problem is the failure of
the designer to take into account the 8877's extraordinary UHF gain.
Even though the anode-cathode feedback Xc is low at HF, at UHF, the
anode-cathode Xc can be only a few k-ohms -- which is undoubtedly not
good news for a tube with an amplification factor of 200.
-  When, on their spec sheets,  Eimac says "Maximum Ratings for
Amplifier and Oscillator Service", they aren't fooling.