Re: [Amps] AL-1200 vs AL-1500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-1200 vs AL-1500
From: "Robert Pack (NX5M)" <nx5m@txcyber.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:55:25 -0600
I am not concerned with instant-on.  Blake is right, the contest starts at a
given time so the equipment is up an running several minutes before the
start.  IF during the operation the amp has to be reset......so be
it......I'd continue to operate with low power until it is ready to go.
I also am not concerned with having to retune for band changes since most of
my serious operations are multi-op and at least 3 stations are set up so
that when it comes time for a band change one of the other stations will
take over the new band.  If the station with the AL1500 is on 15m and is
going to be the same station used on 80 or 160, it can be retuned for the
next band it will operate while one of the other operators is in the drivers
seat of another radio/band.
I am beginning to lean toward the AL1500 at this point.  I will have the
opportunity to operate with one as well as with the same radio I am
considering to purchase Friday night.  I believe at that time I will
probably finally make up my mind what I really want to do.

Bob NX5M