Re: [Amps] Looking for a design for a single 4cx250b tube on50Mhz-SixMet

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Looking for a design for a single 4cx250b tube on50Mhz-SixMeters
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:53:25 +0100
On Tuesday 12 October 2004 17:29, Karl-Arne Markström wrote:
> I agree, the tuned circuits in this amplifier do look not very optimised...

I usually use a series tuned circuit at the input, with a variable capacitor
onto the grid to adjust the coupling. That's based on a suggestion I saw that
the parallel circuit has the risk of a spurious vhf/uhf resonance between the
grid capacitance and the inductor, which is something to consider when the
tube has useful gain to 500MHz and beyond. Maybe it's a false premise, but
I've not had any problems.

Steve