Re: [Amps] Kenwood TL-922A on 6 meters?

To: "Clay W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Kenwood TL-922A on 6 meters?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:50:37 -0700
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:36:31 -0700, Clay  W7CE wrote:

>Interesting idea Bill.  Is your SB-1000 converted for 6M only now or did you
>retain 160-15M?  If the latter, did you have to short out the new coil or
>move any of the coil taps for 160-15M operation?
>
>Clay  W7CE

It's for six meters only.  I removed all the coils and bandswitch.

As for shorting out the L-network coil, the ARRL handbook states this
is generally not necessary because its effect becomes smaller as the
frequency is lowered.  I haven't verified this myself, but it sounds
reasonable.

--
Bill W6WRT