[Amps] Centurion cooling improvement ideas for AM service

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Centurion cooling improvement ideas for AM service
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:16:00 +0000
<<Joe -- 3kHz wide at how many db down?>>

Rich,

I'm not sure what the answer is but here's the proposal:

http://www.arrl.org/announce/bandwidth.html

<<< I have heard AM transmissions from amateur radio operators that
droned on and on for over 20 minutes,  One wonders when such operators
will start taking on-the-air telephone calls from short-wave listeners?
 CDs of such sessions could be sold over the counter at drug stores as
a potent sleep-aid.>>>

Maybe an advantage of running a SSB amp on AM is that droning on,
which I find intolerable and a real qso killer, will not be possible.
I'm not sure what the attraction of the monolog AM m.o.
is, but it must be a lifestyle thing.  The exciter amp combo
allows for quick T/R to avoid Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Rob/K5UJ