Re: [Amps] Solid State Relays

To: Glenn McNeil <vk4tzl@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid State Relays
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:43:18 -0800
Glenn McNeil wrote:

Anyone had any experience using the Opto22 series of SSR's in Power Supply construction ?

There was a recent discussion of using SSRs on the reflector. Some like them, some don't. My experience has been that it is necessary to filter the actuating circuit and the power circuit for RF -- my relay had the propensity to turn off in a strong RF field, which led to interesting behavior! Since I fixed that problem, I have been using an SSR for some time to switch about 3.5KW at 220VAC without any problems.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco