[AMPS] PVC-antique radios

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] PVC-antique radios
From: kc5vdj@yahoo.com (Jim Bryant)
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 15:03:11 -0600
I'm not really sure...  Could be.  I do know that capacitors in the 1960's and
1970's had the same kind as the Barbie dolls though.

If you see a goopy yellowish substance on the outside of old PVC pipe, then it
probably is.

JimMoci@aol.com wrote:

>  >When PVC decomposes, it drips a yellowish substance that is known to
> cause >sterility in women,
>  >particularly young girls, is a known carcinogen, and may have
> reproductive >damage to men as well [unproven, but possible, given what
>  >is known].  Please contact Mattel and ask them why Barbie isn't made
> of PVC >anymore, they will be happy to explain
>
> Is this the same PVC that my water and drain pipes are made of???????
>
> Jim

jim
--
          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!