[AMPS] Clipperton L amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Clipperton L amplifier
From: sm2cew@telia.com (Peter Sundberg)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 18:05:48 +0100
Tom,
I have no idea where the amp was oscillating. The tube is good for
operation at 250MHz+ so VHF oscillation is surely possible but it might
just as well have been HF. Screening and proper bypassing cured my problems.

As I said, the amp arced because of parasitics. My posting was because
"someone" said that would be impossible.. then again, there are different
types of parasitics... for one they differ in frequency...

Carry on, I'm out..

73/Peter SM2CEW
www.qsl.net/sm2cew