[AMPS] xfmr windings

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] xfmr windings
From: da_kang@hotmail.com (Jeff Wolf)
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 21:29:52
>Skip---did you guys count the turns on the hi side of the xfmr when you
>unwound the wire?  Seems like this would/could be a bunch of turns.  I >can
>understand why you said it was time consuming.  If you count the >turns on
>the low (primary) side, can you then run the ratio, assuming >you know what
>the hi-voltage output is, and derive what the turns on >the secondary
>should be instead of having to count them???  Just >curious

I have seen the devices to count the amount of revolutions at some older ACE
hardware stores on their wire machines.

Some just measured feet, others (rarer) measured amount of turns.  Just
screw the transformer to the device, and roll the wire off.  The plus is
that the old wire will be wound into a nice roll.

--Toll Free

73 de Ron, K5BDJ