[AMPS] Come Clean

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Come Clean
From: Wt8r@aol.com (Wt8r@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:45:57 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/00 3:33:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
fredfffff@hotmail.com writes:

> -------------[snip]-------------
>  Who are you and why do you hide?  Ham radio is not like the internet; it
is
>  not a random group of anonymous strangers.  Ham radio is about connecting
>  more closely and significantly and is no place for those who hide behind
>  false identifications.  Present your callsign or be dismissed as fluff.
>
>  Fred Fliss
>  ex-G3FLF
>  Callistoga, Califonia
>  ISP: Sonic.net

Fred,

Thank you for putting into words the thoughts of many (I am sure) on this
list.

I detest people who appear to speak with authority but provide no data or
facts with which to back up what they proclaim and who hide in anonimity, for
what reason?  Surely someone who who is honest has little reason to hide
their identity.

Of paramount importance is your statement about one of the differences
between CB and Ham radio........that of being open about our identity and
wanting to create a close bond of friendship and fraternity.

I am in agreeemnt with you 100%.

Dave in Dayton, WT8R