[AMPS] stability tests

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] stability tests
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:08:18 -0700

>Varying the tuning cap does indeed help check for VHF
>oscillations, because the tuning cap greatly changes the anode
>load impedance at VHF.

If you want to see for yourself how much effect the Tune-C has on the VHF
anode-resonance, couple a dipmeter to the blocking cap and adj. the
Tune-C throughout its range.  Record the various dip frequencies and post
the results.

>Varying tank components on the load side of the tank does not
>change VHF impedance a significant amount, because of the low
>pass filter effect of the tank.

good point

>By the way, if you have Clipperton L or other amplifier that is un-
>neutralized ....

Charles Thomas Rauch, Jun. is the only person I know who believes that a
g-g amp. can be neutralized.