[AMPS] Re: PS diode equalizing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: PS diode equalizing
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:04:01 +0100
Tom says:

>> You can get 500 volt rated ones  -  I think from Philips. Not common,
>> though.

I should have said 'not common at your local hobbyist component dealer'

>You can buy 1000 volt and higher rated 1/2 watt and higher power
>resistors all over the place, including Phillips. They aren't all that
>rare, as a matter of fact they are quite common.

Can't find suitable values in the catalogue of our usual disty - 1kV and
above voltage ratings are too many megohms. Probably more common in the US

>I would not depend on Hamfest deals or Surplus Sam's resistors
>being more than 250 volts RMS, however.

NO WAY!! You might find new stock, boxed, with mfrs part numbers at such
sources, but as Tom says, you can't rely on them.

73

Peter G3RZP