[AMPS] FCC Actions at Dayton

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FCC Actions at Dayton
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 21 May 99 15:03:09 -0500
>There probably aren't many other Americans (outside the so-called "militia
>movement") who resent and despise our federal government's intrusions
>against our Constitutional rights any more than I do. And I believe the
>FCC's rules intended to prevent use of ham amplifiers by CBers were and are
>ineffectual and misguided. Considering FCC's failure to even try to enforce
>them for most of the past 20 years, they're typical bureaucratic
>damnfoolishness.

Well, Dick, I am not a member of any militia movement, but I feel the
same way you do and the majority of hams I talk to fell that way as well!

>We, wish that FCC would either suspend the
>rules entirely or enforce them vigorously and even-handedly.

Part of the problem with the government today.  We don't enforce the laws
that already exist yet the citizenry demands some sort of action.
Passing laws is a visible means of showing "action" and soothes the
emotions of an emotionally driven society.  It makes no difference what
laws are passed, what maters is that they are passed.

It is sad to think that there are some people who literally do believe
that restriction of amplifier sales, building, etc. to hams will result
in more CBers obeying the laws for their class of operation.  It's like
saying we should limit the Apple crop so we won't have too large a crop
of Oranges.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na