[AMPS] Henry 2K2

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 2K2
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 17:34:37 -0700
Hi Marty,

The 2K2 is an excellent amplifier, but quite old. It was probably made about
1967. As with anything 30+ years old, it may require care from time to time.
Start by a good physical/mechanical visual check and then clean switches,
plug in and out connectors.
Do this with the plug out of the wall and in your plain sight.

Make sure you have a working amplifier before starting your work on dropping
the sockets.
Since the 3-400Z tubes were a zero bias triode you may wish to bias the
3-500 tubes. This can be accomplished with a simple diode arrangement.

The 3-500 tubes can be used if you drop the sockets to accommodate the
increased tube height over the original 3-400Z tubes. There is room to do so
and this has been done over the years by the factory or hams handy enough to
do so.

$600 is a fair price.

Enjoy your classic amp!

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!