3830

[3830] Batavia FT8 W8GJK HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Batavia FT8 W8GJK HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2022 00:00:17 +0000
                    Batavia FT8 Contest - 2022

Call: W8GJK
Operator(s): W8GJK
Station: W8GJK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    0       0         0
   40:   19      18         9
   20:  238     169        46
   15:  128      91        27
   10:   12      11         5
---------------------------------
Total:  397     289        87  Total Score = 169,952

Club:

Comments:

Had a lot of fun ending up in this contest, which was not on my calendar and
took me by surprise on Friday morning.  played for a bit Friday into the
evening, and Saturday I got N1MM set up for it and transferred my log from
WSJT-X into N1MM.  At this point I started working regular non-contest stations
on the normal FT8 watering holes into the night.  20 and 15 were open past
midnight, and I was able to work lots of Asian stations.  This was also the
first contest I have had both a directional HF antenna as well as a linear, so
was able to really notice the difference and able to keep my rate up as
conditions varied. Unfortunately, the contestonlinescore.com page had the
contest listed as 24 instead of 48 hours, so real time tracking fell off by
about half at that point, with many stations apparently not pointed to the
contest score distributor that covers cqcontest.net as well.

Contest: BAT_FT8_DX
 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  WPX  DXC  Pt/Q
     7  FT8     19      14   18    9   0.7
    14  FT8    238     249  169   46   1.0
    21  FT8    128     178   91   27   1.4
    28  FT8     12      11   11    5   0.9
 Total  Both   397     452  289   87   1.1
Score: 169,952
1 Mult = 1.1 Q's