3830

[3830] 222Up K9MU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222Up K9MU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 23:59:16 +0000
                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2022

Call: K9MU
Operator(s): K9MU
Station: K9MU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN44ht
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  222:  19
  432:  25
  903:  13
  1.2:  11
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  68  Total Score = 26,194

Club: Chippewa Valley VHF Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Thanks to Mel (KC0P/R) and Carol (N0HZO/R) for the majority of my QSOs. I really
miss the past high activity levels from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Overall,
a fun contest and I was still able to get some stuff done around the house. My
902/1296 systems were working great! Days leading up to the contest we had
excellent tropo conditions. I was able to work W0LGQ EN21 up through 1296 with
S9 signals and worked down to MO, OK, and KS.  Come contest time, we had a
storm/rain front roll through and destroyed it! So close to having a banger! I
could only work W0LGQ on 222 FT8 and he was weak.

Best DX was:
222: W0LGQ EN21 @ 327 miles (FT8)
432: VE4MA EN19 @ 438 miles (Q65)
902: K2DRH EN41 @ 221 miles (CW)
1296: K2DRH EN41 @ 221 miles (CW)

Thanks to the following stations for getting on and working me!

KC0P/R, N0HZO/R, N0AKC, W0ZQ, N0HJZ, KA0PQW, W0GHZ, N0UK, W0ZF, VE4MA, K0AWU,
K2DRH, N9CIQ, K9WKJ, KG0VL, W0LGQ, AA9D, AA9MY, N9UM.

K9MU Station:

Elecraft K3 IF - no LNAs:
222: DS 12 element yagi, 80 watts Mirage amp, DEMI transverter
432: M2 38 element yagi, 50 watts, DEMI transverter
902: DS 33 element looper, 110w Cellwave amp, DEMI transverter
1296: DS 45 element looper, 120w W6PQL amp, Q5 Signals transverter

Let's hope for a good September contest! Get on, CQ, use our online resources to
coordinate, make some QSOs, have fun!

73,

Justin, K9MU EN44ht