RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Update From K2MO: July 17, 2024

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Update From K2MO: July 17, 2024
From: <nlsa@nlsa.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 05:55:58 -0400
Dear friends,

I had a 25kW SolarEdge system installed at my home early this year.  Here
are some things that I learned :

*       The installers, although generally well-intentioned, had no
understanding of what EMI is, why it is significant, how it is generated and
propagated, or how to mitigate it.
*       Installers (Management and field personnel) had no interest in
becoming better informed about RFI.  Just git 'er done.
*       Engineers at SolarEdge were better-informed but the lack of
background among installers meant that engineering recommendations were only
partially implemented.
*       The Installers just do what they are told (more or less) by their
supervisors whose training is in solar PV systems, not RF.
*       Some of them did not even know what amateur radio is.

73,

W9IP