Re: [Amps] suppressors

To: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] suppressors
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:24:37 -0400
    Not that it makes much difference but with some tubes the plate to
ground capacitance is a good portion of the "tune-C" capacitance on 10
meters, so there is a fair portion of the circulating current flowing thru
the suppressor. As I said it usually does not make much difference but it
could complicate the analysis a bit.
    It just occurred to me that RF current does flow thru some "resistance
wire" in many tubes. But it is tungsten, the filament. However, this should
not affect the analysis of the suppressors since most of the RF current
that produces VHF parasitic oscillations flows between the plate and the
closest grid.
73
Bill wa4lav