[Skimmertalk] Filtered to specific RBN station?

M. George m.matthew.george at gmail.com
Tue May 24 11:35:14 EDT 2022

What dx cluster are you using?  You could *simply google to find the
documentation* for the cluster type you are connecting to.  For example:

AR Cluster, search for: set ar6 cluster filter
<https://www.google.com/search?q=set+ar6+cluster+filter>
CC Cluster (VE7CC): set ve7cc ccc filter
<https://www.google.com/search?q=set+ve7cc+ccc+filter>
DX Spider: set dx spider filter
<https://www.google.com/search?q=set+dx+spider+filter>

Those searches will point you to the documentation for the type of cluster
in question.  If you take the time and read the documentation that is
already out there and or search on YouTube for videos if you prefer that
approach, you will discover how to construct a filter on your own and use a
number of filtering directives to fine tune the filter to meet the needs of
your station.  Google and YouTube are your friends.

There is not one filter that fits every situation, but if all you want to
do is set a filter to show only spots for a specific skimmer server on an
AR6 Cluster Node you would use this filter command:

*set dx filter skimmer and spotter=nc7j-#*

That would give you all the spots coming from nc7j-# on an AR6 Cluster
Node.  But why stop there?  You can also set the filter to show you any
skimmer that spots you when you call CQ.  this is just a start, why not
show spots for skimmers that reside in the states around you?  See if you
can figure that out from the documentation from your skimmer type of choice:

*set dx filter skimmer and spotter=nc7j-# or call=k3uk*

There are many other options to set, but that will require you to dig in
and read the documentation or find other resources out there from
presentations or videos that describe how to use filters.  For example,
K3LR has a good document on using AR6 DX Cluster filters: Microsoft Word -
Using AR-Cluster V6.doc (k3lr.com)
<http://www.k3lr.com/w9zrx/Using%20AR-Cluster%20V6.pdf>  (how did I find
this?  I searched on Google)  The real instructions you ask for are: Use
Google Search

Max NG7M

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 8:50 AM Andrew O'Brien <k3ukandy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Last year I filtered a DX Cluster that then enabled me to receive "spots"
> from a specific RBN station of interest to me. I have forgotten how to do
> that now , anyone have instructions ?  Thanks
> Andy K3UK

M. George