[Skimmertalk] RU9CZD skimmer QS1R died in the recent thunderstorm. Help needed.

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 14:20:05 EDT 2021

RU9CZD skimmer is off line as our trusted QS1R that have been serving us
for many years went out of order during recent thunderstorm. We would
like to try and fix it. The suspect is CY7C6813A. This chip is available
locally but the question is, does it need some sort of firmware
installed prior to soldering it in. Is this firmware available from
somewhere? Help would be highly appreciated.

73, Igor UA9CDC