[Skimmertalk] RBN Publishes New Callsign Pattern File

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Sat Mar 28 15:11:13 EDT 2020

As of today, a new patt3ch.list file is available on the RBN website.
Barring human error (I should be so lucky), the new file should
incorporate all the new callsign patterns identified since the last list
in January.  In particular this includes Spanish one-letter suffixes (
ED2@, etc.).  The next time RBN nodes restart the Aggregator software,
they will be prompted to download the new list and replace the one they
have been using. This is all automatic, and takes only a few seconds.

As new callsign patterns emerge, such as the one-letter suffixes, please
let me know so I can add them to the queue for the next iteration.

For those who may be unfamiliar with the CW Skimmer software, it uses
the pattern file to determine how many iterations of a callsign it must
hear before it is posted.  The purpose is to prevent busted spots
resulting from decoding random sequences of characters and mistaking
them for callsigns.

Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.