[Skimmertalk] [RBN-OPS] What are you using for a case for the Red Pitaya? Does it need to be shielded?

Björn Ekelund bjorn at ekelund.nu
Thu Jul 30 15:44:32 EDT 2020

The aluminium case is really neat for when using the Pitaya as a lab tool
which you handle and move around
a lot but due to the very thick thermal pad it does not offer sufficient
cooling for a constant high load,
like in a skimmer application. Particularly for the 122.88-16 which
produces more heat than the 125-14.

I use small fans on my 122.88-16, fixed directly to the heatsink. M3 screws
actually fit quite nicely between
the fingers of the heatsink. I use a series resistor to keep them quiet.
But the plastic cover of course provides
more mechanical protection. https://sm7iun.se/redpitaya/sm7iun-skimmer/

I use the aluminium case for my 125-14 which is mostly used as a lab
instrument.

Björn SM7IUN