[Skimmertalk] Improvement of CPU consumption by RTTY Skimserv

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Sun Jan 5 10:40:31 EST 2020

Pete there are.  Not sure how they correlate.  Much better than a
general CPU benchmark though.

The AMD 2700X at stock frequency, as a benchmark, runs about 1100-1200
decoders before RTTY SS starts to throttle.  That should work for the
normal conditions.  I seem to need about 400 decoders per open & active
band and another 50-150 for each of the other bands with some activity.
In peak solar condx, even this horsepower is going to be marginal if
leaving SS set on 5 bands x 192.  Trimming back on the number of bands
of course mitigates any shortcomings though.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com