[Skimmertalk] CW Skimmer Questions

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 10:41:22 EDT 2020

I have been trying to set up CW skimmer with an RSP1A and have a few questions:

CW Skimmer installs OmniRig automatically. If I start OmniRig and then CW Skimmer all is well, but if I start CW Skimmer first, OmniRig fails to start with Windows (7) error 217. I am sure I only have one copy of each, and similarly for the ini files. I am using HDSDR, but things are the same with SDRUno.

I have been running Skimmer Server for a little while. That only needs the SDR and itself. I can't really see why CW Skimmer should not be the same as the RSP1A has IQ outputs? I presume I am wrong as nobody seems to be doing that.

If I have it in Softrock IF mode I only get 48kHz width, but the amount that I can see on Skimmer is much less than even that. Is there any way that I can increase the viewed frequency range? Alternatively, is there any way that I can make it track my main transceiver?

Looking forward to your advice.

Keep safe
73 Roger
VE3ZI