[Skimmertalk] CW Skimmer With FT-2000D

Jim Johnson jim at kc4hw.com
Mon Nov 25 06:31:58 EST 2019

GM,

Computer resources are:  Win8.1/64, 2.90GHz, Sound Card is Realtek High
Definition which is on the main board.  Also have a Encore USB Sound Device.

Ran CWSkimmer with the FT-2000D and the (older) MicroKeyer this weekend.
Actually it seemed to work pretty good.  Also interfaced with N1MM+ and that
worked fine.

One thing I did notice that occasionally that the waterfall would blank out but
almost instantly start again.  I wonder if this is the limitation with the
onboard Realtek Sound Device?

I thinking about expanding to a SDRPlay RSP1A.  Would I need to upgrade the
Sound Device?  If so, what would be a good choice?

Jim/KC4HW