[Skimmertalk] QS1R Failure? My turn in the barrel?

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Tue May 21 10:15:22 EDT 2019

Today, I tried to get my QS1R running, for the first time in about 6
months, and the first time since updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Everything appeared to start OK, the FPGA loaded fine. and Skimserv
recognized the QS1R, but then things went downhill.  No decoders showed
on Skimserv, and the green checkmark for SDR RX OK began to alternate
with a red "X" and the ominous message "SDR failure: USB_bulk_read
failed."  There's no sign of trouble with the LIBUSB driver or any of
the USB hardware displayed by Device Manager.  I've power-cycled the
receiver repeatedly,  and repeatedly reloaded the FPGA, all to no
avail.  HDSDR also fails with "can't read from QS1R"

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any ideas on how to proceed, or is
the RX toast?

Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.