[Skimmertalk] Number in suffix

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Mon May 13 12:30:46 EDT 2019

  If a majority of nodes worldwide use DXSpider, and DXSpider doesn't
block weird formats, then it would follow that a majority of node users
will see the 8N3 spots, whether they come from RBN nodes or other spotters.

The node I checked on was running Spider and carrying RBN spots, which I
didn't think would work, but maybe there have been improvements to
Spider's code.

The Skimmer Server code doesn't *preclude* spotting stations that do not
conform with a pattern in the pattern file, it just requires more
repetitions in the decoder channel before accepting it as a callsign.
Ten years ago, I worked with Alex to gin up and test the matrix of
possible callsign formats and required repetitions.

I just looked on the RBN website, and while 8G3G20 hasn't been spotted,
there are loads of spots of 8N324A, a call structure that is not
currently covered by the pattern file either.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.