[Skimmertalk] 192 vs. 96 Khz on QS1R

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Tue Jun 25 16:24:45 EDT 2019

That sounds like some sort of bottleneck, perhaps in data getting to
Skimsrv.  Have you looked closely at the USB traffic to see if things
are being dropped?  I saw something similar when comparing two RPs,
though of course the architecture is different.  In my case, the issue
was Ethernet between the RPs and the computer.  Got a 20-buck Netgear
Gigabit Ethernet switch and that's a thing of the past.

I've also noticed disparities between what one radio copies and what the
other does.  Aside from the difference in radios, which appears to be
very small, at least in terms of SNR, I suspect this may result from
starting the two Skimsrvs at different times, somehow causing decode
performance differences.  Here, I've noticed that my QS1R and RP-16 (the
new one) seem to converge when they have been running for a relatively
long time

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now