[Skimmertalk] Attn: Red Pitaya 16-bit users decoding FT8

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Tue Jul 30 17:33:16 EDT 2019

I'm noticing a strange phenomenon using WSJT-X to decode FT8 messages.
Fairly often, I see multiple spots of the same station in the same
transmission period.  Invariably, the highest-frequency spot is the
loudest (and always quite strong, typically over 0 dB), and at 100-Hz
intervals below it progressively weaker spots of the same station
appear.  Here's an example:

My setup:  Carolina windom to Clifton Labs 11 dB preamp to AM and FM
broadcast band filters, then to an RP-16.  Software-wise I'm running
Demin's SDR receiver to CWSL_Tee to CWSL_SSBWave.exe to WSJT-X.

I'd like to know if anyone else is noticing this.  I've only seen it
since I started using the RP-16.

Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.