[Skimmertalk] Anyone got this to work?

Ted Gisske gisske at offex.com
Sat Jul 13 18:49:25 EDT 2019

I got my new RP-16 on Tuesday and, after a lot of thrashing, have it successfully skimming CW on both receivers and ready to report to the RBN. At one point this AM, it was doing ~3K spots/hr, although I kept them local.

I also have it successfully skimming FT8 simultaneously on one receiver. I’m getting greedy, though, and want to skim FT8 on both receivers. I don’t think aggregator cares what receiver the spots come from, as long as they come from a discrete UDP port. I should be able to run as many instances of WSJT-X as I need. FT8Startup seems like it is flexible enuf to run two instances.

The difficulty seems to be getting audio to WSJT-X off the second receiver. I’m not sure how, or even if it is possible, to run separate instances of VAC and CWSL_WAVE_SSB. W3OA is dubious, and he is certainly far more qualified than me to make that call, but I am curious if anyone has lashed together a hack to make this happen?

73,

Ted

K9IMM