[Skimmertalk] Why won't one SD card work on another RP-16

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Mon Jul 1 17:39:52 EDT 2019

So I thought to myself, I have one SD card with Alpine Linux, autostart
for the receiver and everything working fine on my first RP-16 (my
suggested short form for the 16-bit RP).  Why not make a few copies for
the rest of the identical units, I thought?

Only one problem - while my first SD card continues to work on the
original RP-16, it will not work on the others. When I access it with
the console via PuTTY, it appears that the MAC address of the RP-16 has
somehow become embedded in the SD card.

This is what I see (attached).

Am I reading this correctly?  What to do?

Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at<http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite