[Skimmertalk] Bad call filter for local distribution

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Feb 16 12:44:26 EST 2019

So far I understand that you want bad calls filtered out.  And you also
want to "share your local connection with someone else" (I guess you meant
your local filtered skimmer), and you "Do not want to push spots to the RBN
all the time".  In essence, you want "someone else" to see your filtered
spots, but you don't want anyone else in the world to see them.

I think this practice is discouraged.  The big multi-multi's like K3LR and
W3LPL share their filtered skimmer feeds with the RBN during a major
contest.  That way "unique" spots (busted calls spotted by only one
skimmer) can be filtered out automatically.

In sum, I think "someone else" should just connect to a "retail" cluster or
VE7CC node and use filters there to only show "verified spots" coming from
your node, rather than trying to connect directly to your filtered feed.
They will get better results that way, less garbage.