[Skimmertalk] "Oddity" in RBN Aggregator 5.2

Björn Ekelund bjorn at ekelund.nu
Sun Feb 10 07:17:26 EST 2019

Since I'm not quite sure where to turn I write a post her.

Apart from uploading my spots to RBN via aggregator, I also upload to my
friend OH6BG's web site voacap.com.

After getting complaints on "illegal" frequency format from Jari on my FT8
spots I was able to nail it down
to what seems to be that RBN Aggregator applies Windows' locale to the
frequency information.
Which in most of Europe means decimal comma.

Here is a screen shot:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiOyF6ZvAY04guEJ3P8BSDdTSE5onA

It seems RBN is immune to this, but voacap.com is not.

CW Skimmer spots are alwasy using decimal point.

I personally think RBN Aggregator should treat the two equally and always
use decimal point, regardless of Windows locale.

Or is there a setting I have simply missed?

Björn SM7IUN