[Skimmertalk] The Red Pitaya 122.8-16 -- an important lesson learned.

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Thu Aug 15 09:29:54 EDT 2019

Sure, Jeffrey -  I also have no precise idea what the insertion loss of
the two series filters is, but they cleaned up my 15 and 12-meter
issues.  Some rough-and-ready tests with an Elecraft XG-3 Signal Source
and HDSDR's S-meter suggest it's a few dB, and more than made up by the
11-dB Norton preamp.

I am confident that a high-quality set of band-pass filters would be
preferable, but since I'm trying to skim 8 bands simultaneously, that
would be pretty clumsy to implement - imagine an 8-way splitter, 8
filters, an 8-way combiner and an amplifier to make up for the losses.
Actually, that's what W3LPL uses at his station, as described on the RBN
blog recently - reversebeacon.blogspot.com

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.