[Skimmertalk] WTB: QS1R

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Fri Oct 26 21:31:21 EDT 2018

My Rev. D which is about 9 years old is still running fine.  A couple of
years ago I mounted a 2" 5V muffin fan on top of it, and drilled two
rows of holes in both sides just above the plane of the PC board.  So
far so good...

My Red Pitaya in the aluminum case was getting too hot for comfort.  It
now has a 1" 5V fan mounted on the network/USB end of the top, sucking
air in through the connector slots and around the case's inadequate heat
sink. It is powered by the fan connector next to the Ethernet jack.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 10/26/2018 5:38 PM, Bill Straw via Skimmertalk wrote:
> "Most QS1Rs eventually fail due to component failure related
> to excessive heat"
>
> I dread that day. Setting up the QS1R to do CW and RTTY with
> Skimmer server was very cookbook with the info on the RBN
> site. The references provided are way past me, I would have
> to hire someone to set it up
>
> Bill KO7SS

>>> alpha-charlie-zero-charlie