[Skimmertalk] 8 bands on Red Pitaya

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Nov 27 21:56:30 EST 2018

Are you using CW Skimmer Server v1.6?

One possible cause is that you're not seeing the full list of available
segments in CW Skimmer Server UI, which must be scrolled with the scroll
bar on the right side of the *Skimmer* tab to see all the check marks.

Another possibility, are you starting 8 receiver slices in the Red Pitaya
itself?

If you log in to the Red Pitaya and enter the following Linux command:

ps aux | grep -i sdr

You should see a long line ending with 8 numbers, like this:

.../sdr-receiver-hpsdr 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

There are eight 1s in this example (8 receiver slices all listening on
antenna port 1).  If you see only 7 numbers listed, you will not be able to
define more the 7 segments in CW Skimmer Server.  To fix it, you must edit
the following file using the following commands on the Red Pitaya:

*cd /opt/redpitaya/www/apps/sdr_receiver_hpsdr*
*rw* (makes file system writeable)
*nano start.sh* (opens full screen editor, so make your changes)
*ro* (makes file system read only)
*./stop.sh* (stops the current SDR program)
*./start.sh* (restarts the new SDR program)